Thursday, January 17, 2008

HEY MARY THIS BLOG'S FOR YOU!


Thanks for the gifts. The lap comforter is great. It's been so cold here that I've been using it while reading in front of the full spectrum lamp Dave got for me to keep away the winter doldrums andin doing craft projects.

We'll have to send you some of our pressed flower works that we've been doing with some of the flowers Lucy, our neighbor, has given us. She's started giving away her things, anticipating that she won't be here that much longer, but at 96, she's still doing so well. Every day she does two or three different types of exercises. But the weather is keeping her from hiking. She really enjoys coming to a weekly coffee/tea I've started having for the neighbors who are home during the day. Her son drives her here and we usually have a lot of things to talk about.

The girls clothes fit. Emma is thinking she's too cool to wear pink now, but who knows how soon that will change. We love the Frango mints, the first time we opened them we noticed that 11 or 12 were gone already. Emma was going to allot them to her friends. We stopped that by putting a note in the box warning her that Santa is watching. But she's figured out Dave is Santa because he was commenting Christmas morning about how the big candy cane wouldn't fit in the stocking. Busted.

A few years ago she commented on how the tooth fairy has a bald head. Busted.

The pj's I got you are for slinking around in your urban condo, once it gets finished. When they were just starting to develop the LODO area around here, we visited some friends near the train station and they called themselves urban homesteaders. That was over 20 years ago, and now Coors Field has really set the tone of the area.

Hope all the kids are doing well, Dave mentioned a skit that Jess and Adrianne were in in Chicago. Hope it went well.

You are probably back to the grind of teaching school. Although with your personality it's probably not so much a grind for your students, and I already know that their personalities brighten your day. Take care, and keep warm. Betsy.

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger melfring said...

Hi Betsy,
I love my pj's. I have a pair that I put on on Christmas morning that are about the same style. However, I have been wearing them for over ten years and it is time for a change. I will save them for the condo however - we close on Feb 15.
I have not done my puzzle yet. I think I will need a couple of glasses of wine before I start. : )
Mat moved home a couple of weeks ago (he finished his degree in Dec) and he is working at the writing center in our English department and he will be teaching a non-credit class in comic book writing. Adrianne is working two jobs in the city (waitressing) and Jess will start back to her spring semester next week. Chicago Sketchfest was a lot of fun - the girls really enjoyed "working" together. It's so nice when they get along.
I am back to teaching and have enjoyed meeting a whole new group of students.
Hope winter is being kind to you. Thanks again for your thoughtful gifts.xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home