Thursday, January 10, 2008

Good Music Day

Yesterday was a great day at the library again. Ana wanted a Ben Folds cd for getting straight A's on her report card. There wasn't one to choose from from the local stores, so I looked at the library and found the Songs for Silverman cd with a dvd and booklet. She's been enjoying listening.

I had reserved the Amy Winehouse, Back to Black cd, so I picked it up, and while looking for Ben Folds I found an enjoyable Between the Covers cd, with a lot of favorites, including David Bowie and Mick Jagger singing Dancing in the Streets together. It's an album compiled to raise money for cancer,leukemia and AIDS research. The songs are great, as are the artists.

Also found a best of The Replacements. I didn't think it was fair to judge them by the only song I had heard, The Best Day Ever, which was included on the Sponge Bob Square Pants movie soundtrack. I've picked out my favorite songs, which tend to be in their later albums. Paul Westerberg does have a great singing voice.

I've been following bloggers on Vox and after seeing the Egypt photos from Miss Scotch and Pants Party's trip, I had to comment, and to do so, had to join. So now I can be a multiple blogger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home