Friday, November 23, 2007








Our neighbor is a florist and as I was shaking out the Swiffer duster on Thanksgiving morning, I saw him in our driveway bringing the lovely flower arrangement to us. What a nice treat.

We went to my cousin's house for dinner. My aunt who just had a stroke a couple of weeks ago, is looking good, she had no paralysis or speech problems, just a little mind scrambling, but hey we all have that.

When we got there my cousin's daughters were playing online Scrabble, so that's what everyone was looking at above. My cousin Buff and his wife have never had a computer. His brother Mike, in the Hawaiian shirt, is a techie so he gave him an old laptop, so now he can start getting computer literate. Right now he's getting familiar with solitaire and free cell (and online Scrabble).

My cousin's two girls have turned into beautiful young ladies. Kacy is a junior at Colorado School of Mines, she is so smart! And Becky is at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, she's acing her tests. Mike, my cousin, married Marylee this summer and they have a really nice house in the Springs. My other cousin, Buff, I mean Paul, is here from Arizona to help with my aunt's stroke and my uncle being hospitalized. It was nice to have Buff with us, but Uncle Paul felt so ill, he didn't even want us to visit him yesterday at the nursing home he's in recuperating.

I had to get a shot of Dave too, so there's one of him and Marylee resting before dinner.

Emma was worried about being bored, so I suggested taking a craft project. She decided on pipe cleaners,pom poms, golden bells and glue. After the projects were created, a raucous and very long trading game continued with each crafter choosing projects another crafter made to keep, but then having everything switch with another round of trading, a take on the Yankee Trader gift giving our Chinese group did last year. (http://www.amazing-christmas-ideas.com/chinese-christmas-gift-exchange.html)

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger melfring said...

So glad your aunt is up and about Betsy - great T'giving pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home