Tuesday, October 12, 2010




I can't believe it's been so long since I've written on my blog. I think I'll do so more now because sometimes I want to expand on my thoughts or musings and Facebook is more of a sound bite type of social interaction forum.

These photos are from the Canyon City area where Dave and I went to stake out a house for his clients. I always enjoy the ride to Canyon City, you get to see the May Insect Museum, and the Pet Cemetery, and what remains of the Turkey Canyon Ranch which is now a subdivision. Large lots, but it's sad. The family who owned the ranch had to sell it to pay off inheritance taxes. The law firm I worked for in Colorado Springs, represented the family and I personally tried to find ways to either reduce the tax burden or get some entity like the Nature Conservancy to purchase it for preservation. It looks like after I left the firm it got sold to developers, which was one option the family was interested in.

I guess I should correctly spell Canyon City, "Canon City", but I don't know how to make a tilde over the n so we know it's pronounced Canyon. I understand that, but what about colonel, being pronounced kernel, what's up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home