Sunday, November 02, 2008

SHOTS AND BOOKS

Yesterday we went to Kaiser to get our flu shots, it was the most crowded it's ever been. I tried not to let it get to me, but I hate it when people butt in line in crowds, and a group of them did. bad manners.

Part of the bribe to get the kids, especially Emma who is deathly afraid of shots, to get the shots was lunch at Qdoba and a book from Tattered Cover.

Knowing that we are being affected by the economic crunch, I refrained from buying a book for myself. But I made a list of what I would have wanted and this morning I have all of them on my hold list at our library, in fact, three are already available. My choices:

Quirkology a psychology book by Wiseman;
The Tenderness of Wolves, a suspense novel by Penney;
Alice, a biography of Alice Roosevelt by Cordery;
Good Calories, Bad Calories, a factual myth buster about food by Taubes;
True to Form, a novel by Elizabeth Berg

Now I just have to pace the holds so that I can get them read before they are due, I'm starting with just two of the ones that are available now so they are not sitting here waiting until I have time to read them. I love our library!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home