Sunday, August 19, 2007


I officiated at a funeral/memorial service today. The sister of a close friend of mine died. They're Scottish and a bagpiper played. One woman sang a hymn acappella in the gospel style and it was truly beautiful. I feel so sorry for Rita's two daughters to have to lose their mom when she was only 51.

The service was at the Grant Humphreys Mansion.
http://www.coloradohistory.org/ghm/rentalsGrantHum.htm.

I used to live nearby so I have leaned on the balustrades on its grounds to read homework during law school. The service was on the large porch to the south, covered by a wooden pergola. My girls loved exploring the house. Emma found a stage in the basement in front of a ballroom. It had footlights and spots, she sang a song for me while people were gathering at the reception above. Ana loved the food, especially the Havarti dill cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home