Tuesday, October 03, 2006

WHERE DO ALL THE RUNAWAY BALLOONS GO?

I've been way back in the boonies hiking and in areas where there isn't much sign of human involvement, then all of a sudden a bright, shiny piece of mylar or rubbery plastic shows up. An escaped and usually deflated balloon. I know how my children sigh and cry when they lose a balloon they've been holding. I find birthday balloons, today I found a a scrunged up dark purple balloon with a long white string, and then a shiny St. Patrick's Day balloon that at first looked like a fertilizer bag. It seems like they like to rise high follow the mountains and then drop down in the trees.

One time I found a balloon with a little boy's name in it and his address at school that was purposefully released to see where it would go. This was found in the woods too, so I sent him a card with a picture of an elf sitting on a mushroom in the woods to tell him where his balloon was found.

Maybe I should start a website for lost balloons. I can take pictures of all that I discover, maybe note the GPS readings so the balloon can be recovered and post them so sad children can look to find their small lost treasures.

When my children seem inconsolable about their loss I tell them that maybe the balloon flew to a child who had no money to buy a balloon or no opportunity to be given one from a Red Robin restaurant. That helps a little, but they still suffer the loss. But if a child could go recover that lost balloon, that might be a wonderful thing.

3 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger The mind of Huy said...

Be cool if we had something like that in Colorado ^_^ One day to find in the mail your lost balloon.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger betsy said...

Hi Huy thanks for my first comment that isn't my own. I just visited your site, I should go back and leave a comment for you.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger The mind of Huy said...

Haha no problem ^_^ Thanks for commenting me. Look forward to your future posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home