Tuesday, August 07, 2007

WoW!!

I was playing with my anniversary present today. It's so much fun. It's a Nikon Coolpix L10. I can record sound, make movies and take photos with a camera that's so small it fits easily in a shirt or jean pocket.

When Dave turned 50 I wanted to get him something special so I shared some emails with Matt Haughey at a.wholelottanothing.org because I really enjoyed seeing photos from his hikes in the San Francisco area.

I asked him about his Coolpix and after hearing his report, I ordered one online. Then I got the old switcheroo call from the supplier saying they were out of the smaller Coolpix but they had a Coolpix 995. I went ahead and got that because I wanted it to be delivered before we left on a birthday/spring break trip to Santa Fe.

It's been a great camera but it was expensive, in 2002 it was around $500.00 and the memory card was pretty expensive. But this one was only $100, and a one gig memory card was only around $16.00 or so.

It's so fun. I've made my first two movies, very, very short snippets; and recorded a memo to me, and recorded the girls getting too loud so they could hear themselves, and I took a picture of our family room in sepia tone-and it looks so 1940's.

Dave's Mom gave us each $100.00 for mad money in a card when she left right before our anniversary. She gave each of the girls $20.00. What a treat!!

The camera will be great for hiking and especially for recording bird songs. I'm excited. I really enjoyed Rabi at wockerjabby.com providing a link to the sound of a toucan from Belize, so now I can share some Shamballa birdsongs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home