Thursday, January 11, 2007

I just spent over an hour and half listening to www.hearmusic.com. I got a gift certificate to Starbucks for Christmas and I registered it, filling out that the thing I liked most about Starbucks is their cd's. A couple of years ago we got Gather Round from there, which had Jerry Garcia and Bob Dylan and old favorites from our childhood, like The Lion Sleeps Tonight, and Harry Belafonte singing The Banana Song, dayo, tally me bananas, and Keb Mo and Love Train, and just a really nice compilation.

I like compilation cd's because I can learn about a lot of new music. It started out with the Grammy contenders, then on to soundtracks, then the Starbucks cd's.

Since I filled out that survey, I've been getting promotional emails. The most recent linked me to the www.hearmusic.com. And I really like it. Now I want to get Yo La Tengo music, and more Lucinda Williams, and on and on.

The only problem with my gift card is going to be choosing what I lay my money down for, because there are so many good choices to choose from. I really love music, it just opens up your heart and fills it and just washes over your body and makes you feel good. check out the site if you haven't already, I think you'll enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home